Deprecated: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /var/www/html/www5chris.dawsoncollege.qc.ca/wp-includes/formatting.php on line 4358
Harvard WorldMUN: Dawson triumphs in hosting, organizing monumental event
The organizers of Harvard Model UN, hosted by Dawson in partnership with the Palais des congrès and Tourisme Montréal, and endorsed by the Quebec government, the City of Montreal and the Canadian government, delivered a rousing conference to more than 1,900 delegates from 115 countries last week. The event was a resounding success, due in large part to the host team, made up of Dawson graduates and current students who have participated in DCMUN (Dawson Model UN) under the leadership of faculty advisers Chris Bourne and Ted Irwin.
A long list of speakers opened and closed the 5-day event, including Quebec Ministers Christine St-Pierre (International Relations and la Francophonie), Martin Coiteux (Municipal Affairs and Land Occupancy, Public Security and Minister responsible for the Montréal region), Hélène David (Higher Education), Peter Schiefke, Member of Parliament, Vaudreuil—Soulanges, and Parliamentary Secretary to the Prime Minister (Youth), as well as Dawson’s Director General Richard Filion, and Harout Chitilian, Vice-Chair of the Executive Committee of the City of Montréal.
This video produced by the Harvard World Model UN Montreal 2017 organizers captures the spirit and excitement of the event.
Kudos to the whole team, named here, and a special thank you to Chris and Ted for their fearless leadership in undertaking this monumental task. Gratitude and relief is evident in group hug (with Ted Irwin in centre) by whole team in closing moments of Harvard World Model UN Montreal 2017.
- Jonathan Sasson (Host Team President)
- Adrian Sanchez Roy (Director of Social Events)
- Alexandra Fokina (Director of Public Relations)
- Christelle Tessono (Director of Finance)
- Andréa Baptiste (Director of Fundraising)
- George Stoyanov (Director of Logistics)
- Shehrbano Jamali Niazi (Director of Services)
- Maha Cherid (Director of Volunteers)
- Ommu-Kulsoom Jumada Abdul-Rahman (Director of Staff)
- Feodora Chouakri (Deputy Director of Social Events)
- Maria Belen Alonso (Deputy Director of Public Relations)
- Sabrina Rahman (Deputy Director of Finance)
- Samuel Miriello (Deputy Director of Fundraising)
- Henry Yu (Deputy Director of Logistics)
- Xavier Girard (Deputy Director of Logistics)
- Esther Kang (Deputy Director of Services)
- Charline Côté-Lessard (Deputy Director of Volunteers)
- Kamila Majidova (Deputy Director of Staff)